The Malaysian International Mediation Centre (MIMC), formerly known as the Malaysian Mediation Centre (MMC), is a body established on 5th November 1999 under the auspices of the Bar Council of Malaysia. MIMC’s objectives include promoting Mediation as an Alternative Dispute Resolution process and to provide a proper avenue for successful dispute resolutions.
The Mediation Committee of the Bar Council is responsible for the proper functioning and implementation of MIMC’s objectives and services.
MIMC offers a comprehensive range of services, which include:
- Professional Mediation services by trained Mediators who have been accredited and appointed to the MIMC’s Panel of Mediators;
- Public talks on Mediation and Alternate Dispute Resolution;
- Assistance and advice on how clients may best look after their interests in using Mediation as an Alternative Dispute Resolution process;
- Training in Mediation techniques, procedures and skills;
- Assessment and accreditation on MIMC’s Panel of Mediators;
- Consultancy services in dispute management and conflict avoidance;
- Administrative and secretarial support; and
- Provide a venue for Mediation sessions.
MIMC has entered into a collaboration with Mediation Centres in China and other countries to promote Mediation, including online Mediation.
MIMC is a member of the Asian Mediation Association.
Kindly contact our centre if you would like to refer disputes for Mediation.