The Malaysian Mediation Centre (MMC) is a body established on 5th November 1999 under the auspices of the Bar Council of Malaysia. MMC’s objectives include promoting mediation as an alternative dispute resolution process and also to provide a proper avenue for successful dispute resolutions.
MMC is now based at Level 3, Wisma Badan Peguam Malaysia, No. 2, Leboh Pasar Besar, 50050 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The Mediation Committee of the Bar Council is responsible for the proper functioning and implementation of the MMC’s objectives and services.
The MMC offers a comprehensive range of services which include:
- Professional Mediation services by trained mediators who have been accredited and appointed to the Panel of Mediators of the MMC;
- Assistance and advice on how clients may best look after their interests in using Alternative Dispute Resolution processes such as mediation;
- Training of mediation techniques, accrediting and maintaining of panel mediators;
- Consultancy services in dispute management and conflict avoidance;
- Administrative and secretarial support.
MMC has also entered into collaboration with other Mediation Centres in China and other countries to promote mediation including on line mediation.
MMC is also a member of the Asian Mediation Association.
Kindly contact our centre if you would like to refer disputes for mediation.