- is quick, efficient and easy; most mediations can be concluded within a working day;
- is inexpensive and costs less than litigation or arbitration;
- provides a safe environment for resolution as the process is confidential, conducted in private and matters disclosed in mediation may not be raised or revisited in other proceedings;
- acknowledges, addresses and deals with real and practical concerns of parties which may otherwise be considered irrelevant;
- enables parties to “mend fences”; restores and/or preserves amicable relationships;
- empowers parties to reach a mutually satisfactory resolution of their disputes;
- enables resolutions which are in the best interest of the respective parties.