MMC conducts the following courses:-
(a) 16-hour, 2- day course which introduces the basic aspects of mediation and the mediation process;
(b) 40-hour, 5-day intensive training courses focusing on fundamental and practical techniques to successfully resolve disputes where trainees will, over the course of the 40-hour, five-day intensive training:
- learn and understand the mediation process;
- acquire the soft skills used to help parties with divergent interests to reach a resolution;
- engage in simulated mediations by way of role plays to develop an understanding of the mediation process and how best to utilise the skills learnt;
- work with and benefit from coaches with professional conflict mediation experience;
- set performance-based standards for evaluating their own progress;
- learn about ethics and the law pertaining to mediation; and
- develop self-understanding and confidence,after which, trainees will undergo a practical assessment to determine their suitability as Mediators.
(c) 1 or 2 day Mediation Advocacy Course for those who wish to know more about the benefits of mediation; and
(d) Refresher courses for Mediators.